Business signs play a crucial role in branding, visibility, and attracting potential customers. Every type has its unique set of features, benefits, and marketing advantages. Neon signs, for instance, are a common choice for businesses thanks to their vibrant colors and eye-catching designs. Digital signage consulting services have become increasingly relevant as more companies strive to stand out.
Marketing and branding consultants assist companies in selecting, designing, and implementing strong signage solutions that maximize impact and effectiveness. Company and business signs can be easily updated, making them an excellent option for businesses needing to stand out and be noticed. Utilizing permanent signage is a great way to ensure customers see, recognize, and remember a brand.
Good signage is critical in establishing a strong brand presence and maintaining consistency across multiple locations. High-quality, durable materials are typically used for these signs to ensure they withstand the test of time and weather conditions. Effective branding helps businesses stand out from their competitors and keeps the company image front and center.
Contact your local signage supplier today to see what options are available. They can help you see what kind of signage works best for your specific business. You will love the results that you see!
The sign for your business is a lot like a beacon letting your customers know where you are. At least 35% of consumers rely on a company’s signage to find the business and say they would not even know where it was without its sign. Studies show that 50% of new customers are attracted by on site signs to a business. Most business’s clientele (85%)lives within a five mile radius of that business, at least for stores, restaurants and other brick and mortar businesses. Given all of this, it is easy to see why having the proper outdoor business signage is critical to most companies.
5 Tips for Great Outdoor Business Signage:
- Put it where people can see it. Like they say in real estate, when you consider where you want to put your outdoor business signage, it is all about “location, location, location!” If your customers cannot see your sign from the road, what is really the point of having it? When you look at where you can put your signage, think about things like glare and how it will look at different time of day. Drive around your business and look at your building at different times and think about how easy or hard it might be to see a sign. Your sign can either work for you or against you depending on how it looks and where it is placed. The good news is that a well placed and readable sign will work for you seven days a week and 24 hours a day. You may be closed but your sign is always out there spreading the word about your goods and services.
- Take a look at your competitors’ signs. Drive around your city or town and look at what signs catch your eye and which ones appeal to you. Are there any that really make you want to check out the business they are advertising? Are there any that make you never want to do there? Why? Think about what makes a sign attractive or not and try to incorporate those ideas into your business signage design.
- Consider having a digital sign. New technology is making signs more fun. A lot of popular business signage ideas now are digital. Companies that have digital outdoor business signage report having at least 30% more sales than companies that do not. More than 40% of customers have said they are more likely to but something from companies with digital signs. Experts say having these signs increases the buzz associated with shopping at your business. It is worth looking into and asking local sign manufacturers.
- Make your sign readable. Sure, you need your sign to be visible first but the second thing that you need is for people to be able to read your outdoor business signage. Make your lettering simple and neat. Make your message as simple as you can. Your customers will only have a few seconds to process all the information on your sign. Too much data and text and none of it will register with the people who drive by it, which in most places will be the large majority of people who look at your sign.
- Remember your branding when you design your signage. A simple rule from “Branding 101” is that all of your messaging has to be consistent. Your outdoor business signage needs to work with the rest of your branding efforts. Use the same logo and message. If, by the way, your logo and messaging is too complicated for your outdoor sign, it is too complicated. Change it. Just like, “location, location, location” important, the same thing can be said about repetition.
Your outdoor business signage is an important part of your marketing and branding campaign. It can attract clients and customers to your business by letting them know who you are and what you do. This can also be a great way to let people know where you are. You need to make sure it is consistent with the rest of your marketing plan and show you in the best possible light.