6 Tips for Picking the Right Carpet Cleaning Company
Most Americans like to have a clean carpet in their home but not as many have the time to tend to it themselves. Many people turn to carpet cleaning services to get their homes looking clean. While hiring professional maid services used to be considered something only the rich and famous were able to do. Now, it is common for young professionals or people with families to outsource the cleaning of their homes. When it comes to all of the different types of carpet cleaning services that are available, it is important to take your time finding the right company to take care of your space.
How to Choose the Right Carpet Cleaning Service:
- Talk to your friends, family and colleagues. When you are considering hiring a carpet cleaning services company for your home, it is important to go with a company that you trust. One of the best ways to find quality goods and services is to get a personal recommendation from someone you know and trust. Ask them how they found the carpet cleaners they use and what they think of the experience. Ask about how much they pay for the services they get.
- Think about the different types of carpet cleaning services. All too often the cleaning products used on carpets and around the home can be unhealthy. There are a number of green cleaning services that you can opt for that are healthy. It may not seem like a big deal but the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), common cleaning products can make air inside a home have as much as 100 times the pollution levels as the air outside. New types of carpet cleaning services include the use of steam or green cleaning products.
- Do an online search. There are a lot of Facebook groups and pages that have been set up to promote local goods and services. You can look for the carpet cleaning services to see if anyone has reviewed them. If you do not see any reviews for the carpet cleaning services that you want to use, you can post a question about the company or companies you want to consider. People like to look like they are experts. You can also check with Yelp and other sites. You should be wary of any anonymous comments that are negative because people are much more likely to complain than to compliment.
- Get at least three quotes in writing. It is important to get your estimates in writing. This will make it a lot easier to compare the quotes you get. Remember, that the lowest price you get may not be the best option. You may pay less up front but often with really cheap services, you are not actually getting the service you want. For instance, when you are asking for certain types of carpet cleaning services, the company may claim to use cleaning products that are environmentally friendly but if they charge you almost nothing they may be using conventional cleaning products.
- Ask for references. All of the reputable carpet cleaning services will be ok giving you the names of current or past clients that they have worked with and had a good experience. This is the best way to get accurate information about the company and what it is like to work with them. The company may have testimonials on their website but you need to check those because, sadly, these are easy to fake.
- Ask about employee turnover and experience. Ask the carpet cleaning company how they find their staff, what kind of training they have, what kinds of experience they require and how long staff members tend to stay with the company. You want to hire a carpet cleaning company that treats their people well and does not have a high turnover rate. When you have happy workers, they do a much better job. If you are going to rely on a carpet cleaning service to enter your home when you are not at home, you need to be able to trust the people the company is sending.
Having a clean home starts with a clean carpet. Finding the right company to take care of cleaning your carpets is possible if you work at it.