Have a Screen Printing Business? Here Are 6 Tips to Help You Succeed
When starting a business, it is critical to provide the best customer service you can. That probably goes without saying, and many business owners realize that without their customers, they would not have a business. However, there are some other factors and tips to consider when starting up and continuing the best shirt printing service.
While customer service is the foundation for a solid business, you also need a business plan. When it comes to apparel logo printing, you want to ensure you constantly network and promote or market your brand. This marketing plan also includes adding social media into your mix. You want to capture customers where they are to bring them to your online or in-person store.
Finally, you want to ensure you produce quality but cheap silk screen printing products. This includes making a quality purchase when it comes to screen printing with transparencies and products you provide to your customers. This will help you to create the best custom design shirts possible. These tips can help you create a solid foundation on which you can build your business.
It is no secret that t-shirts are very popular in the United States and around the globe. It has been estimated that there are about two billion of the sold every year around the world. At least 62% of people in the United States say that they own more than ten of them. That alone translates to about 1.5 billion t-shirts. If you own a sublimation apparel business and use a cap heat press for your work, these tips can help you grow your business:
- Provide good customer service. It has been said that the majority of consumers in the United States will switch brands or businesses they buy from if they have a bad customer service experience. The good news about that is that unlike when you have to buy new equipment, such as a cap heat press, being nice to the people who buy from you costs you nothing. Make sure all of the people you have working for you treat all people who walk through your door or call on the phone, email, or interact with you via social media, with respect. Remember, when people have a bad experience, they tell their friends and family, which will amplify the negativity.
- Never stop networking. No matter what business you are in, getting out into the community can reap great rewards. Whether you are selling white ceramic mugs with fun images or sayings, pizza, or something else altogether, spreading the word about your business and forming alliances with complementary companies can only help you with your business and your bottom line.
- Promote your brand. There are a lot of ways you can do this. Taking samples to events, such as trade shows, or you can bring your cap heat press equipment to farmers’ markets and other community fairs and the like and make new products right there. In some instances, you may want to give some product away to show off how great your products are. In other instances, you may want to sell your wares. Either way, the more people you can show your work to, the better.
- Develop a great social media plan. Social media has made a lot of changes to the way people communicate with each other and the way marketing is approached. You can use all of your social media channels, today the best ones are Snap Chat, Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook but there may be a new channel on the horizon so keep your eyes peeled for that, to promote the images you create and the work that you do. If you do some large scale jobs for companies or organizations, ask them to let people know, via their social media channels, where they had their shirts or other promotional products made. Encourage your clients and customers to get photos of themselves wearing your shirts or of the other products you sell and share them on social media. You can even provide discounts to people who post photos of your stuff on their Facebook wall, for example.
- Set yourself apart. Every creative endeavor person does what they do slightly differently from other people who do the same thing. Everyone in town may use the same cap heat press, for example, but the products made may all look very different from each other. Play up the ways you are unique and you may get more business out of it. Also, make it a point to provide the best customer service in town. Just by being more responsive to customers questions, you may set yourself apart from other businesses who provide the same or similar products as you.
- Get promotions going. These can bring people in the door or get them to place an order. People love getting a good deal on a product or service. When you put out a call to action such as “like us on Facebook and get 10%” can be all that it may take to sell more product.
To become the best custom shirt maker there are a number of factors that need to be taken into account. First and foremost, your screen printing company needs to determine what your brand is and what type of customers that you are intending to appeal to.
Do you have one personalized brand logo that you would like to design and create yourself or will you operate directly with customers in and bring your own shirt screen printing? Accepting designs from customers or offering them bulk order t shirt printing opens up the option to work with local businesses to create cheap business shirts with logo.
To create the shirts you must first learn how to use transparencies for screen printing. The process involves using a stencil to apply the ink to the surface that you plan to print on. Once your design is created it is transferred to a screen and allows you to print out the design. Typically, the easiest way for t shirt printing is to first create the design in a computer program to ensure straight lines and an attractive design.
Running a successful screen printing business means you have to do more than get the right cap heat press. Having a good marketing plan in place will help grow your brand and improve your bottom line.