The Importance of Quality Water
We are told over and over again the importance of drinking water but do we really know why it is important? The main things that water does in our bodies are transport nutrients, eliminate waste, regulate body temperature, prolong cell life and create chemical and metabolic reactions. Let?s go over each in a little more detail.
- The transport of nutrients Water plays a big part in the breakdown of what we eat so the food can be easily digested and distributed properly.
- Elimination of waste Water keeps waste products and toxins going along and gets rid of them through urine and faeces.
- Body temperature regulation Water helps limit the changes in the body temperature depending on whether you are in a warm or cold temperature because of its large heat capacity. Heat releases from the body when the outside temperature is higher than body temperature through water. When that water evaporates from the skin it cools down the body. We know this as sweat.
- Cell life Water distributed the critical nutrients to your cells which helps them to live longer and healthier.
- Chemical and metabolic reactions Water softens the joints and acts as an absorber for the eyes brain and spinal cord. It can even be that same shock absorber for a fetus in the amniotic fluid.
These are five main functions are water in our system. Now, what if we weren?t able to drink water because of contamination? Making an analysis of water quality is very important to ensure that there is safe water available for us to drink. On a daily basis 2 million tons of waste is dumped into our world?s water. A fresh water test kit can make sure that the water is fresh but temperature is very important to conductivity of the water. Using a resistivity monitor, also known as a water conductivity monitor, can ensure the fresh water is at 25 degrees Celsius.
A resistivity monitor will measure the amount of ionic purity of the water as well as the temperature. Water will have a low resistivity and high conductivity is there is a lot of dissolved ionic material or salts, in the water and high resistivity with low conductivity when there is not. A resistance of 18.2 million ohms with a temperature of 25 degrees Celsius is when the water is considered to be pure.
So now you can see the importance of a resistivity monitor because of the importance of drinking water! If we can not determine if the water is pure enough to drink, it will not be taken and served and therefore we will not get the amount of water needed in our bodies on a daily basis.
It is recommended to drink eight, eight ounce glasses of water every day but really, there is no such thing as to much water, only to little water. Make sure you are taking full advantage of the great water testing system we have at our disposal. Not everyone in the world is able to do this so we should be grateful.